We are long overdue for a date night and I am ready to mix it up a bit this month. With work, kids, and the sometimes mundane chores of everyday life, it is easy to forget and take time to reconnect with your significant other. Today, I am rounding up a few ideas for a date night with your loved one.
At Home Activities
If you are not in the mood to get dressed up and step out, then here are a few ideas to do at home. Plan some easy dinner menu items that you two can decide on and make together. If a 3-course meal is too far out there, then you can make something as easy as pizza together! Cooking gets you a little bonding time and what better way than to sit down together and have a nice dinner in the comfort of your home? Other ideas can include playing a board game. This is always so much fun and engaging, and it really only takes two to play a classic. If you just need a little cuddle time, then wearing your comfiest outfit and snuggling together for a movie night with snacks is an absolute must! There are so many movie options on TV these days that it’s easy to find something you both like. You can also try a little wine tasting or maybe tequila tasting for two. Sky gazing has become a new one for us since we live in the country and can see the clear skies and stars at night. It’s amazing the conversations that come up and the peaceful silence as well.
With kids and a crazy schedule recently, we have enjoyed date nights at home but we’re ready to step out this month. Here are some date night ideas I am thinking about that can be great ideas for you.
- Dinner Date – A dinner at either a new or favorite restaurant. Sharing a few restaurants in the DFW area (some have vegan options) ….Jose, Rise, Whiskey Cake, Fogo de Chao, North Italia, Mesero, Mexican Sugar, Asian Mint, Villa Azure, Cafe Pacific
- A Recipe for Romance – There’s nothing better than taking a cooking class together if you love to cook. I have lost count of the many classes we’ve taken together and the recipes I’ve picked up along the way. I can now totally make a souffle, Indian cuisine and a few others. There are places like Central Market that offers these classes with a drink.
- Tickets to a Show or Event – If you’re looking for an entertaining kind of night, then tickets to a comedy show or an event can be refreshing. There are local comedy shows as well as multiple events that come up and you’ll need to research what is happening in your area.
- Spa Date: Spoil yourselves to a couples massage followed by a staycation at a hotel…. W Dallas Victory, Hilton Anatole, The Ritz-Carlton, Adolphus Hotel, Monarch at Thompson Dallas.
- Adventurous Experiences: Skydiving, Escape rooms, Immersive VR games, or even hiking!