Winter looks very different this year, and it is undoubtedly the year to holiday closer to home. Fortunately, it doesn’t feel like much of a compromise with many things to do in Frisco, Tx from dining, shopping, and activities in the Frisco, Tx area.
Frisco, Tx is located about 25 minutes north of Dallas. It is an emerging go-to place for family fun and activities and part of the Dallas Fort-Worth metroplex. If you’re looking for fun things to do this holiday season, there are countless reasons to visit Frisco, Tx safely. Here’s a bucket list of top things to do in Frisco, Tx.
Name of the image – “Christmas in the Square at Frisco, Tx – Things to do in Frisco, Tx” (photo credit: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33706697187113008/)
1. Christmas in the Square
This year’s Christmas in the Square at Frisco, Tx event includes holiday lights and music that will run daily from 6-10 PM until January 4th, 2021. The show is free to the public, although some activities do require a fee. Visitors may tune in to 107.3 FM on the radio in their vehicles, and the light show features over 180,000 lights and 200 dancing snowflakes. This year’s event includes activities like “Skate in the Square” and “Horse Carriages.” To provide a safe and fun experience for all skaters, reservations will be required to limit the number of skaters. There’s still plenty of time to visit the Square in Frisco, Tx and make lasting memories with family and friends!
Name of the image – “Radiance! Christmas Lights – Things to do in Frisco, Tx (photo credit: https://fortworth.culturemap.com/news/entertainment/11-17-20-drive-thru-holiday-lights-events-dfw-radiance-prairie-tms/#slide=0)
2. Radiance! A Holiday Light Spectacular
2020 just got beautiful with a little Christmas magic to brighten up our lives. The Radiance is a scenic drive from the safety of your car through to see the holiday light display at the Dr. Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Tx. The holiday lights will run daily from 5:30-11 PM until January 3rd, 2021. Our kids loved sipping on hot chocolate and wearing the special magic light glasses provided to them as they looked on at the two million lights on display and listened to tunes of our favorite holiday classics. It is just such a fun and straightforward way to get the kids excited and feel some form of normalcy this time of year.
3. Holiday Eats & Treats
I have summarized the best sweets and treats and bakeries in Frisco, Tx for all my friends looking for your holiday favorites. It is also a great way to support local businesses.
- The Batch Bakery in Frisco, Tx makes their desserts in-house. They serve a wide range of pies, cakes, and cookies and bake daily to ensure their guests have a fresh, delicious experience.
- POParella’s is a full-service gourmet popcorn and candy shop located at the Square in Frisco, Tx. It is popcorn heaven with over 60 flavors of gourmet popcorn, fudge, and candied nuts, all made in-house. Yummy!!
- Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery in Frisco, Tx offers 18 cupcake flavors baked fresh daily. They have petite and whole pies for the holidays. To find out the flavors of the day, you will need to check their website.
- Did someone mention the Donut Bar? The Donut Bar in Frisco, Tx has over 20 years of experience in the art of donuts. They have festive donuts for the season and specialize in mouth-watering and visually creative donuts.
4. Christmas Extravaganza at the Star
Finally, the Star in Frisco, Tx is having a Christmas extravaganza through December 24th, 2020. There’s always lots to do at the Star for the whole family – think dining to boutique shopping experiences, and exploring the Dallas-Cowboys themed campus. The Star is offering specials during the holidays. For more details, visit their website.